Your browser is out-of-date!

Certain sections of this site will not work as expected.
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now

Initial Registration Application


In order for this application to be processed you must:

  • Complete this application in full
  • Upload all required documents (see document list below)
  • Pay all applicable fees

For an application in the Full Registration Class, ensure that official evidence of successful completion of an examination approved by NSCP has been sent directly to the College from the examination body.

A recent graduate from an accredited program or new grad waiting to take the clinical component of the National exam (or awaiting confirmation of results from the examination body) may apply for a provisional license under the Provisional Registration Class.  A provisional license allows the physiotherapy graduate to temporarily practice as a physiotherapist in Nova Scotia, with conditions and restrictions, until they are able to obtain a full practising license. The provisional license creates an opportunity for the physiotherapist to gain clinical experience and to improve their competencies while providing protection to the client.

An applicant currently practicing in another Canadian jurisdiction can apply to Nova Scotia under Labour Mobility. In that situation you must still complete the registration process but do not have to submit copies of your degree or proof of your PCE completion. You must submit a completed Regulatory Hx Form from each jurisdiction where you were employed in the previous five years. 

Important notes:

All correspondence from NSCP will be sent via email. You must use an email address that you monitor regularly when registering with the College. Please add and to your safe senders list. If you would prefer a PDF application form, please contact NSCP.


If you will be uploading your documents with this application, please make sure you have the following scanned in PDF or JPG format before you begin:

Alternatively, you can send your documents by regular mail but this will considerably lengthen the time for processing.


Required Documents:

Copies of these documents are required in order to complete the application. Please make sure they are complete and scanned so they can be attached to this application below.

  • Copy of Birth certificate or other citizenship identification documents such as passport
  • A notarized copy of physiotherapy degrees or diplomas and copies of post-graduate level certificates relating to the practice of physiotherapy (Letter confirming graduation within 6 weeks will suffice temporarily in the case of new graduates, however, notarized degree certificate must be submitted as soon as available).
  • A curriculum vitae with a chronological listing of previous education and employment that includes a description of that person’s clinical and non-clinical experience
  • Proof of professional liability insurance coverage in the minimum amount required by the Board. (Presently $5,000,000)
  • Proof, from the CAPR, of successful completion of the examination process required by the Board (The National Physiotherapy Competency Exam (PCE)  or  Proof of registration in Canada prior to 1999 if Grandfathered for PCE)
  • Unmounted passport size photograph if not using a picture ID as proof of citizenship/eligibility
  • Letters from two references (one from an employer and one professional preferrably) uploaded into supporting documents
  • Copy of Vulnerable Sector Check if within Canada (Upload under Background documents)
Situation-Specific Documents:

These documents may be required, depending on your situation. If any of the following apply to you, you will need the associated documents completed and scanned so they can be attached to this application below.

  • Copy of a valid International Criminal Record Check if coming from outside of Canada
  • Copy of a valid Work Permit if you are not a Canadian citizen
  • If you were licensed in another jurisdiction, we require a Regulatory History Form from the licensing body of any jurisdiction(s) in which you have practiced in the previous 5 years
  • If you have only completed the QE (written exam), we require proof of registration for the next clinical exam as well.
  • Sponsor Form (If you have completed only the QE part of the national exam)
  • Course(s) completion or bridging program completion (if applicable)